Binibining Pilipinas 2012 Candidate Profiles — Check out the following profiles of the 30 candidates to Binibining Pilipinas 2012.
Few days ago, the Binibining Pilipinas 2012 candidates was introduced. And now we have here the profiles of all 30! Check them out here starting with Candidate number 1…
- Karen Gallman, 19, 5’5 1/2”Karen was born and raised in Ubay, Bohol and proud of having “Bisaya” as her first language. It is her first time to join a beauty pageant but has always had a fascination for pageants even as a child. She desires to be a beauty queen convinced that by being so, she can work for the betterment of society. Karen is a certified “beach chick” who loves the water. She migrated to Australia when she was eight and returned to Manila when she turned fifteen. Karen also loves playing netball and touch football.
- Romelin Roxane de Castro, 20, 5’5”This lady is Taguig City’s pride. Currently a 4th year Mass Communications student at St. Paul University Manila, she dreams of being an actress and in fact took up Mass Comm as a step towards her dream. She believes that she is a good leader and is also into martial arts like judo and karate ever since she was thirteen. She also took up swimming and her idol is a swimmer too – Enchong Dee.
- Nicole Marable, 17, 5’6”Nicole hails from Quezon City. Although she speaks with an accent influenced by her Australian buddies, she considers herself as pure Pinoy. It is her first time to join a national beauty pageant upon the prodding of family and friends. She is interested in history and philosophy because these open her eyes to the world. She says that she joined the pageant to be an inspiration to her fellow teenagers, share with them her experiences and the values she learned, especially appreciating life and valuing inner beauty.
- Jaine Hidalgo, 25, 5’6 1/2”This lady from Naga City, Camarines Sur is a registered nurse, a product of the Unibersidad de Santa Isabel in Naga City. She is very sports-minded and loves extreme sports such as wakeboarding. She is also into badminton, table tennis and swimming. She even swam with the whale sharks in Donsol! Her pageant experience includes Ms. Kaogma Festival 2012, Miss Bikolandia 2010, Miss May-Ylaud Festival 2010.
- Rose Ann Aguilar, 24, 5’6”It is the second time for this Caviteña to join a pageant, the first one being in 2010. After that 2010 stint, she trained harder and feels more ready for the competition this year. The loves to cook especially Italian food and plays basketball and is passionate about cars. She had a harrowing experience three years ago as a kidnap victim which taught her to appreciate the more important things in life.
- Maria Alicia Elena Ariosa, 24, 5’5”This girl who hails from Pagadian City, Zamboanga del Sur is a registered nurse and a “lady farmer.” Her family is into agri business such as prawn farming, rice and rubber plantations. She helps out in the family farm where she says that it is “the opposite of what I like because it is hard work and bawal ang maging maarte.” She sees the competition as a win-win situation, an opportunity to gain friends, reach your maximum potential and learn new things. She plays the piano, makes necklaces and bracelets and reads a lot of fashion magazines.
- Patricia Lae Ejercitado, 23, 5’6”Patricia comes from Cainta, Rizal and is a practicing interior designer. She graduated from BS Interior Design from the University of Santo Tomas and got her license in 2011. She has done designs for restaurants, and residences. It is her second time to join the pageant after her first try in 2010. She has tried to polish her catwalk skills, make up, personality development and reviewed previous pageants to prep her for this year. She is also into painting and the visual arts, usually painting religious images to give to her friends and family.
- Nicole Schmitz, 23, 5’7”Representing Cebu City, Nicole will soon be the holder of two degrees – Law and Psychology, in Australia. She is set to graduate from Law by the end of 2012 and graduated in Psychology with honors. She is a keen traveler and plans to climb the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro. She also loves extreme sports, white water rafting, hand gliding and dances the salsa. Her dad is German and her mom is from Cebu. It is her second time to join the pageant, the first time being in 2007 when she was just 18. Joining the Bb. Pilipinas has always been top of her mind because she feels that she has a lot to offer to the pageant.
- Mary Jean Lastimosa, 24, 5’7”This Davaoeña knows how to play the violin and has spent some time in North Cotabato where she personally witnessed people getting killed and bombs exploding everywhere. The experiences have taught her to be a strong, brave, independent and resilient woman. MJ landed the 2nd runner up spot in last year’s Binibining Pilipinas Pageant. Her pageant experience also includes the Aliwan Festival Queen 2008 and Mutya ng Davao 2008.
- Jillean Camille Orbina, 20, 5’8”Jillean is from Cordon, Isabela and is currently studying Communication Arts at the Philippine Women’s University. She placed 2nd runner up in the Mutya ng Taguig 2011. She grew up with her grandparents and describes herself as an observant book lover who is also very versatile.
- Marie Virgenia Cecilie Peter, 21, 5’7”Marie was born in Kalibo, Aklan but her family moved to Norway when she was just seven years old. Her mom was the one who told her about Bb. Pilipinas and she has always wanted to be a model and a beauty queen. She views joining the contest as an “experience I will bring for the rest of my life.” She describes herself as being very Pinay even if her features look foreign. She is fluent in Aklanon and is grateful that she never forgot this dialect because she believes that language is part of her heritage. She is also fluent in English, Filipino, Norwegian and German. As a leader of a youth organization in Norway, she has traveled to schools, engaged in debates, attended conferences and seminars, the last being the Climate Change Conference in Denmark.
- Ayelee Marie Dasalla, 21, 5’7”Ayelee hails from Mariveles, Bataan and is the older of two siblings. She has a 19 year old brother. She is the real “biggest loser” since she used to weigh 200 lbs as a high school student. During her “super obese” phase, she endured being called “baboy”, “matabang bata” wherever she went. She decided to lose weight for health reasons since her family has a history of diabetes. She also had asthma as a child. When she was heavy, she thought that joining a beauty pageant was an impossible dream. As a nurse, she lost weight the healthy way through diet and exercise. Since her family owns a motorcycle spare parts shop, she is skilled at changing flat tires, oil and motorcycle maintenance. She joined Ms. Bataan in 2011. She is also into target shooting and chess.
- Katrina Jayne Dimaranan, 18, 5’8”Katrina was born in San Juan, Metro Manila and just recently graduated from high school. She wants to take up Psychology in college because she believes she can relate to different kinds of people because of her life experiences. Because of her family’s situation, she has attended 13 schools and has learned to be independent. She was also homeless for a while even to the point of sleeping in a terminal bathroom with her siblings. She loves to sing and has exposure to choirs, events and musicals. Despite her challenging experiences, Katrina maintains a positive outlook in life. She joined the pageant to be an inspiration to people and that despite all odds “all will turn out all right”.
- Gina Joy Howell, 20, 5’9”Gina is a Kapampangan who studied BS Computer Science at the Angeles University Foundation. She describes herself as a “Jill of all Trades” because she sings, dances, plays the guitar, plays volleyball and is into visual arts. She also loves trekking, camping and going to the beach.
- Elaine Kay Moll, 20, 5’10”Elaine hails from Catarman, Northern Samar. She is a 3rd year Business Management student from National University. She was a member of the Lady Bulldogs, her college women’s basketball team. She also plays volleyball and is a part-time model. She recently competed in the Asia Model Awards in Korea just in January 2012. Her Binibini idols include Miriam Quiambao, Venus Raj and Shamcey Supsup because they gave honor to the country.
- Liezl Alcantara, 19, 5’9”Liezl was born and raised in Basco, Batanes; a pure Ivatan since her mom hails from Itbayat, and her dad from Basco. As such she is the first pure Ivatan woman to join Binibining Pilipinas. When she joined, people told her that they couldn’t believe she’s from Batanes, because they think that people from Batanes are very “probinsyano/probinsyana” or “not civilized.” She describes Batanes as “living in paradise”. People are very peaceful and very family-oriented. The province has beautiful scenery, 0% pollution, and 0% crime rate. It’s the perfect place to relax. You go there and you feel safe-mapagkakatiwalaan ang mga tao.” She is proud of the Sto. Domingo Church in Basco and the Basco lighthouse, where you can see the Pacific Ocean and South China sea meeting.Currently a student at the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Marikina, she is also a part-time model.
- Anna Czarina Buenviaje, 19, 5’9”Anna is another Bicolana candidate who hails from Malinao, Albay. She is currently studying Broadcasting at Bicol University. She comes from a conservative family, the youngest of three siblings and has two older brothers. She was into archery during high school and believes that being a beauty queen is a huge responsibility.
- Janine Mari Tugonon, 22, 5’9”Janine was born and raised in Balanga, Bataan. She is a BS Pharmacy Cum Laude from UST and has trained in Ballet Manila. She was last year’s Bb. Pilipinas first runner up. Previous to this, she was also Ms. Pharmacy and Ms. UST—both in 2010. She loves watching crime suspense thrillers such as CSI, Criminal Mind and Fringe. She also loves reading crime related books.
- Roxanne Joy Jesalva, 18, 5’7 1/4”Roxanne Joy represents Daraga, Albay in the Bicol Region. She is currently studying at St. Louis College, taking up Business Administration. Roxanne plays badminton and table tennis. Her pageant experience includes Miss Bicolandia 2011. She also loves playing the guitar and singing.
- Roxanne Tadique, 25, 5’8”Roxanne is a Certified Public Accountant from Quezon City. She earned a degree of Accountancy from DLSU. On coronation night on April 15, Roxanne is set to graduate with honors from the Ateneo School of Law. Roxanne was also her high school’s valedictorian. It is her second time to join the pageant, the first stint being in 2008. Her other pageant experience was Ms. JPIA 2005. She loves to swim and surf. Joining the beauty pageant is going beyond her comfort zone because she believes that “you have to take a risk, and discover what you can and can’t do. The only thing to fear is fear itself.”
- Giselle Angelica Muñoz, 25, 5’7”Giselle is from Parañaque City, a Political Science graduate from the Ateneo de Manila University and a law degree holder from UP although she is yet to take the bar exams. This is her first ever pageant because she wanted to do something “grand”. There was a time when she tipped the scales at 148 lbs and lost 35 lbs through diet and exercise. She wanted a lifestyle change and to be healthier. She joined the 5k Avon run and sees sports as a form of meditation. She is also into spinning and boxing. She never imagined herself as athletic but “when I was challenged, I ended up enjoying it.”
- Meiji Cruz, 18, 5’7”Meiji is the lady from Valenzuela City. She is in her second year as a Mass Communication student at the Lyceum of the Philippines Manila. She dreams of becoming a broadcast journalist. She considers herself as a “pageant veteran” and started joining pageants as early as fourteen years old. She joined school, barangay and city pageants. She is also the reigning Bb. Valenzuela. It is her first time to join a national pageant and considers joining as a step towards gaining self confidence.
- Goldy Baroa, 23, 5’8”Goldy is from Laguna and is a Communication Arts graduate from La Salle-Dasmariñas. For a year, she was a consultant and executive assistant in the House of Representatives. She is now into photography and has also appeared in short film in the United Kingdom “Pysche” where she portrayed the lead role. She loves music in all genres.
- Fer Mary Baliquig, 20, 5’7 1/2”Fer Mary hails from Tagbilaran City, Bohol and is currently a 3rd year college student at Holy Name University in Tagbilaran. She is taking up nursing. She is a certified nature lover and would go to some place quiet to commune with nature whenever there is a chance. She was a track athlete in high school. She considers herself as very independent and has worked as a call center agent in Cebu to support her family at the age of 19. She feels that joining the Bb. Pilipinas pageant will help harness her skills.
- Chloe Zanardi, 24, 5’7”Half-Italian Chloe is from Marikina City. She helps out in her family’s business and her specialty is making breakfast drinks and cocktails. Chloe loves movies and books and also loves to travel. She has been to Spain, Greece, France, US, Canada, Philippines, Caribbean.
- Angelee Claudett delos Reyes, 24, 5’7”Angelee is from Olongapo City, Zambales, and is a nurse by profession. She is currently a public information officer and part-time nurse/professor in Lyceum in Subic. It is her third time to join Bb. Pilipinas (2010, 2011) and describes herself as “very persevering.” She took classes on how to walk like a beauty queen, pose and do make up. She has also joined other pageants. She loves giving advice and reading inspirational books.
- Golda Mae Soller, 25, 5’5”Golda, a practicing doctor, is from Roxas, Isabela. She is currently a general practitioner in the family-owned hospital in Isabela. She plans to take her residency next year and would like to be an OB-Gyne. She has always watched the Binibining Pilpinas pageant as a kid and hoped to be a candidate someday. She loves to travel and has been to Europe. She loved the architecture in Europe.
- Marie Irisha Arcenas, 21, 5’6”This Cebuana beauty is a cousin of ABS-CBN actor Matteo Guidicelli. She took up Apparel Manufacturing Management at Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles, California where she graduated with honors. She practically grew up in fashion because her mom was into making bags and accessories for export. She went back to the Philippines to help her mom but eventually came up with her own self-named brand. She now does one-of-a-kind designs, evening clutches, gowns and resort wear. It is her first time to join any kind of pageant and sees this as a path to open doors to helping others since she is also engaged in community work in her native Cebu. Her other passions are music, specifically blues, jazz. She has no formal training in music; she is self-taught in piano and guitar.
- Annalie Forbes, 19, 5’5 1/2”Annalie is from Malolos City, Bulacan and is a professional lounge singer who loves jazz, bossa nova, classical music. She started singing at the age of 17. Her favorite singer is Ella Fitzgerald. She is currently a first year BS Infotech student at STI Cubao. Her dad is a cab driver and she helps support the needs of her family. Her pageant experience includes Bb. Bulacan 2011, Miss Sophie Paris Philippines 2011 and Miss Makati 2011.
- Sherlyn Gonzales, 24, 5’5 1/2”Sherlyn hails from Vigan, Ilocos Sur and is a Mass Communications graduate from Adamson University. She now works as an online casino dealer. She started joining pageants in kindergarten. Her pageant experience includes Mutya ng Pilipinas 2007, Ms. Expo Philippines 2008, Miss Robinsons 2009, Saniata Ti Ilocos Sur 2010. Sherlyn describes herself as an adventurer, and says, “I like going to places I don’t know about even without a tourist guide. I am the type who would literally hop on a plane and just discover the place.”
Have you chosen your bet for the 3 titles? Comment now and tell us your favorite Bb. Pilipinas 2012!
Thank you for reading Binibining Pilipinas 2012 Candidate Profiles. Didn't find what you need? Use our search form.