Two snaps for Wednesday as Netflix confirms that the smash hit series will be back for a second season. Only on Netflix. Additional information and details about season two will be available at a later date.
In an exclusive interview with Tudum.com Creators/Showrunners/Executive Producers Alfred Gough and Miles Millar said:
“It’s amazing to have created a show that connects with people around the globe. We are thrilled to continue Wednesday’s difficult journey into season 2. We are eager to jump into season two and explore Nevermore’s spooky, spooky world. Only thing we need to do is make sure Wednesday doesn’t empty the pool first.
MGM Television continues to produce Wednesday. It has a huge cultural impact on entertainment, the internet and music.
The series premiered in November 2022.
- Wednesday is one of the most popular series on Netflix. With 1.237 billion hours of viewing within its first 28-days, it ranks #2 on the Most Popular English TV List.
- Since its inception, the series has been seen by more than 182 million households. (1.237B hours divided into 6.8 hours).
- Wednesday’s 1 billion hour views mark was crossed just three weeks after its debut. This marks Stranger Things 4’s fourth and Squid Game’s third titles to cross this threshold in the first 28 days.
- It broke the record for most hours viewed on Netflix in an English-language series in one week – not once but twice. The series debuted at the #1 spot with 341.23M hours of viewing, and then again in its second week, with 411.29M hours.
- The English TV List has seen over 100+M hours of video on Wednesdays so far — another record!
- TikTok’s #WednesdayAddams account has amassed more than 22 Billion views
- The Wednesday soundtrack reached #1 in the iTunes Soundtrack Chart, where it remained at the Top 10 for three consecutive weeks. Wednesday Addams is now a Spotify artist with over 1,000,000 followers.
- Spotify’s “Goo-Goo Muck” was streaming at a higher rate than the previous month. This is compared to the prior month.
- The virality of Wednesday’s dance scene has been huge across social media. The streaming of “Bloody Mary” from Lady Gaga by fans has increased by more than 1,800% compared to the previous month. Even Lady Gaga joined the fun.
- Over 80 million people have viewed the reaction video to the famous dance scene.
- Wednesday’s viral makeup look was searched for, and has been viewed more than 100,000,000 times by TikTok fans.
- Wednesday products are highly in demand. Some items like the Wednesday Addams Reven Dress sell out at Hot Topic, MAC, and Cakeworthy.
Netflix is the largest streaming entertainment service in the world, with over 223 million members from more than 190 countries. They enjoy TV series, documentaries and feature films, as well as mobile games. There are many genres and languages available. Members can pause, resume, or rewind their viewing at will. They can also change their plans at any moment.