Hello there! This article will be all about Shopee Affiliate Philippines: how to become one and how it works!
Over the past months, you might be seeing a lot of people around social media sharing some weird links. And that is being directed through the Shopee App on your phone, or the Shopee website when you’re on your desktop computer.
These links are called Affiliate Links: generated as an affiliate of a certain company like in this instance, Shopee Philippines. These links usually come with a disclaimer when seen on your favorite groups, or pages, or even this blog.
But really, how does it work?
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Let’s go back to the definition of Affiliate Marketing here. Affiliate marketing is an advertising model in which a company compensates third-party publishers to generate traffic or leads to the company’s products and services. The third-party publishers are affiliates, and the commission fee incentivizes them to find ways to promote the company.
Simple, when you’re an affiliate of a certain company, all you have to do it create a “personalized” link. Then spread throughout your online network such as blogs, social media, Youtube videos, or even send to a friend or relative. And then hope that they will purchase and checkout products after they click on you link. Easy, right?
But do they have to buy right away? That’s when the marketing attribution takes place.
Shopee Affiliate Philippines Attribution Model
I don’t want to go into any further complications and keep this short. This is the entire short course of how things work. Take note: this is the current affiliate model of Shopee PH as of this writing, and may change over time.
- Look for the item that you would like to promote. In Shopee Philippines, you can pick a specific product, a promotional page like their flash sale or Payday sale, or even a search result or a product search.
- Generate the link. This will lead of the same exact product or link that you have picked, except this time it will contain our information as an affiliate (by default, it will now include your unique Affiliate ID).
- Post this new link on your social media. This is where the actual marketing begins. The strategy varies from person to person. Some promote their links on their pages and groups. Some creates a review of a product over at Tiktok or Youtube and puts these links in their bio, or video description.
- People will click on your links and stores your affiliate information on their Shopee App, or their browser if they opened your links through a computer. These information is kept for: 7 days on the Shopee App, and 30 days on the computer browser.
- During those days, whenever they checkout an item (doesn’t need to be the actual item that you have promoted!), you will earn a certain amount of commission from it!
- Your information (called cookies) will only be removed after it expires. Also during that period (again it’s 7 days if clicked and went to the App), when they have clicked ANOTHER link from an affiliate, your link expires too. In that case, your information gets replaced by the new affiliate’s ID and all the future sales will have the commission paid to that person.
- After earning a certain amount of commission (which is currently $50 or roughly P2,500+), you will be scheduled for payout.
- Your commissions will be paid over via ShopeePay if you earn less than 100,000.00 during the month, or your chosen bank account if your earn more than that amount.
- That’s it!
Is Shopee Affiliate Marketing For You?
Now that you are familiar with the affiliate ecosystem of Shopee Philippines, take some time to review your online assets. Then, assess whether affiliate marketing is for you:
- The network itself would require a solid network asset: in short, you need to have a good following in our social media (Facebook, Facebook Pages, Instagram, Tiktok, YouTube, etc.), or a good following on your website or blogs.
- Depending on your following, being an affiliate might demand a few or plenty of your time. If you have a lot of subscribers on YouTube, you can create a review vlog and put links in there. The video stays intact and when viewed a lot, your affiliate links are permanent and will earn commissions over time. But if you don’t have much, then you will have to constantly post and promote links on your social media… no work, no pay.
Ready To Start Being A Shopee Affiliate?
Then take that first step today, apply as a Shopee affiliate here.
For the next article, we’ll dive even deeper into creating these affiliate links. How to effectively share them to make the most of your promotions and maximize your commissions. We will also discuss an alternative platform where you can promote not just Shopee, but also links from other e-commerce platforms like Lazada, too!